Sunday, August 30, 2009

Theysulavuthey


Theysulavuthey | Upload Music

Composer: Adi Narayana Rao
Original Vocalists: Ghantasala, P. Susheela
Movie: Manaalane mangayin bhagyam

It has been my constant dream to record this fascinating song. In every talent show in India this song is sung because it is such a challenging one. The Hindi version is ‘Kuhu Kuhu bole koyaliya’ sung by Lata Mangeshkar.

My version of this song is what I call – slower and lower. :D I’ve done my best to get all the sangathis. Special thanks to Anupama for teaching me some of the sangathis. :) There are places in the recording where the beats go off. Anyhow, here it is!

4 comments:

Ekam-trial said...

there is a lovely depth and melancholy in singing at a lower pitch.... but sometimes you seem to be focusing on getting the notes right, and it would be even more pleasing if you focused on getting the feel and emotion right..

i so totally loved kalyani.. very relaxed and at peace :)

Kalpana said...

I agree with you about the feel, I gave too much attention to the technical aspects. Anupama also told me the same thing. Will work on it :)

bp said...

lovely :)

Kalpana said...

thanks! :)