Thursday, July 10, 2008

Kuzhaloodhum Kannanukku


Kuzhaloodum Kannanukku | Online recorder
Composer: Illayaraja
Original Vocalist: Chitra
Movie: Mella Thirandhadhu Kadhavu
Karaoke Track: Tamilmusica.com; Me, Audacity

Finally, a song from Illayaraja in Tamil. Growing up listening to ARR, I never really listened to much of Raja until just 2 or 3 years ago. And even then, it was passive listening. Very recently, after experiencing 'Illaya Nila' from the movie 'Payanangal Mudivadhillai', I can see why people refer to him as God. I think for the very first time after 'Mandram Vantha' from 'Mouna Raagam', his music truly touched me.

Kuzhaloodhum Kannanukku was made into the Hindi version of 'Baatein Hawa Hain Saare' in 'Cheeni Kum' sung by Shreya Ghoshal. After listening to the Tamil version, I like it much better than the Hindi.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey..
I think probably just take the karaoke, record your voice over it and leave the editing to someone else who is better in it.
I can see a difference between 'Aaja re" and others. Hope you got what i meant. Let someone else enhance the abilities in your voice since probably the mike your using might also be a factor in reducing the clarity.

Kalpana said...

Hi Arun!

Thanks for the suggestions.
Well, the reason why Aaja Re probably sounds different from the others is cos the recording hardware and softwares used to edit it were far more professional than the one Im using. I have bought a new mike; hoping clarity will improve in the subsequent recordings! :)