Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Vennila Vennila


Vennila Vennila | Upload Music

Composer: A R Rahman
Original Vocalist: Asha Bhosle
Movie: Iruvar
Karoke Track: Self-made

So I realised this fine morning that my laptop does not have a proper built-in external mic jack, which means all the recording that I have been doing is sub-standard not because my mic is not good, but because my laptop is faulty.

This is the first time I have done a proper recording w/o any noise. 0 noise! I am still trying to figure out ways to optimise mixing in this newly discovered setup, so do bear with me.

This is probably the most tastefully done song (in terms of the music of course, but the video is the highlight) of the 90s and believed to be the foray of Indian music into jazz proper.

Loved doing this one :)

7 comments:

anuja said...

ha ha perfect pick for your voice!

Kalpana said...

:D

Anonymous said...

Extreme! I like...

AparnaNambiar said...

Yea it suits your voice and its a good effort. But have complaint: you're not teasing enough which is the main mood of this song. I guess Ms. Bhonsle is just a different range.

Kalpana said...

I shall try to be more teasing. Next time ah.. :D

Sree said...

how did u do the karaoke on ur own....
I too have such a blog... please visit sevikkumsuvaikkum.blogspot.com

I am also struggling to get karaokes for my favourite songs.. please tell me how u made this karaokes.... U sing absolutely fantastic......

Kalpana said...

Thanks!

I get tracks from esnips. Or I try to remove vocals using this open source software called 'Audacity'.